Want to work at ZUMIX? If you’re interested in bringing your expertise and passion to our team, here are some ways you can work with us.
Our Workplace Culture
When working at ZUMIX, you can expect:
- an inclusive workplace that reflects the community we serve and where everyone’s voice is heard and valued. All perspectives are welcomed and appreciated.
- a great place to learn and grow. We provide our staff with professional development funds and internal professional development opportunities.
- a healthy work-life balance. We offer our full-time staff generous paid time off and our part-time staff flexible schedules, and we close our office from December 24 through New Year’s Day each year to allow everyone time to recharge.
- creative encouragement. We are always willing to explore new processes, ways of thinking, and different approaches to problem-solving. Collaboration is encouraged and celebrated. We also provide low-cost studio time and free rehearsal space for teaching artists.
- an empathetic workplace where opinions and feelings are valued and acknowledged through open communication and support in difficult situations.
Equal Opportunity Employer: ZUMIX does not and shall not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, gender expression, age, national origin, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or military status, in any of its activities or operations. We are committed to providing an inclusive and welcoming environment for all members of our staff, clients, volunteers, subcontractors, vendors, and clients.
Open Job Opportunities
ZUMIX is currently hiring a Z-Tech AV Coordinator (part-time, hybrid) and a Program Administrative Coordinator (part-time, in person). Please send your resume, cover letter, and list of three professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org.
AmeriCorps is hiring a Massachusetts Promise Fellow to serve as a Pathways Coordinator at ZUMIX for the 2022-23 school year. View the full job description.
ZUMIX has several specific opportunities for skilled volunteers.
- Photography/Videography: Work with our program staff to create high-quality videos for class presentations.
- Administrative, Development and/or Marketing work
- Homework Tutor – Serve as an after-school homework helper and tutor for youth ages 12-17, and support them in areas of need. Time commitment is 1-2 hours per week, between 4-8pm.
- Rock Ed Mentor – Work with youth building their repertoire, learning to play better, improving their performance skills, and understanding basic care of instruments in guitar, bass, drums, piano, and voice. Time commitment is a minimum of 2 hours per week, usually in the afternoons and some weekends.
- ZUMIX Radio Mentor – Develop a relationship with youth ages 12-14 who are starting their first music/talk shows and support them. Time commitment is 1-1.5 hours per week, mostly between 4-8 pm.
If you are interested in volunteering with us, please fill out the application.