We want to keep you safe! Please see below for ZUMIX’s policies around Covid, including masking, contact tracing and sanitizing.
What to expect when you come into ZUMIX:
- Face masks, fully covering the nose and mouth, will be required upon entrance and at all times when participating in ZUMIX programs, indoors and outdoors. We will expect all instrumentalists to wear a mask, unless they are actively playing an instrument that requires removing it.
- Please use hand sanitizer or wash your hands upon coming inside, before touching equipment and instruments.
- Surfaces in program spaces will be sanitized between classes.
- Young people are encouraged to bring their own instruments, where possible. Shared instruments and tools will be cleaned after each session.
Health Communications + Tracing
[revised September ‘22 in accordance with CDC recommendations]
If you are feeling unwell and begin to experience any of the symptoms below, stay home and contact your facilitator or supervisor to let them know you will be absent:
- fever at any time in the previous 24 hours
- dry cough
- shortness of breath
- muscle aches
- sore throat
You can get a free Covid test from the East Boston Neighborhood Health Center at any time, even if you are not a patient. To schedule, call 617-568-4500 or visit www.ebnhc.org.
If you have been diagnosed with Covid, please inform your facilitator or supervisor. Each staff member will report the case to the Review Team [Corey DePina, Program Director; Brittany Thomas, Director of Creative Media + Technology; Chrissy Holt, Director of Finance + Administration], who will communicate with your family.
Please do not return to ZUMIX for five days, your symptoms have resolved, and you have not experienced a fever within 24 hours. If there is a positive case of Covid within a program or lesson, known close contacts will be notified in accordance with ADA and HIPAA policies.
To ensure that our whole community has a smooth return to seeing each other face to face, it will take each of us committing to Covid health guidelines from the CDC and State of MA. We appreciate your proactive communication to ensure we can provide a welcoming space during this time of pandemic.